Bird on a mountain

Trying to fly, sitting on this mountain

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Small Town Saturday Night

For all of the country music fans out there, you know the song by Hal Ketchum. Well, that's my life. Well, not really mine, because, well I'm old and married. But for the teenagers that live here its like that and when people hear where I live, especially those that live in Jerusalem or other larger cities the first thing they say is "What do you DO there?". Well, we have lots of guests, take care of our kids. And I get Chinese medicine treatment. I have something in common with Gwyneth Paltrow. I got cupped! Cupping is known as bahnkes in Yiddish. I am not sure how it is supposed to work, but I do know it is supposed to pull bad stuff out through your skin with the suction. I don't know what's weirder, that or moxibustion. But I think the burning plants on your toes. Because usually burning one's self is considered to show some amount of mental instability.
Its Sunday again, start the week all over again. I have to boil my herbs. And make dinner (must not mix up the two pots).
Shavua Tov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter