Bird on a mountain

Trying to fly, sitting on this mountain

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Ushpizin

I went to see the Ushpizin movie tonight. It is an Israeli film produced by a secular film company. It was written and directed (I believe) by chozrei b'teshuva who were actors in their "previous life". A lot of the actors are from the breslov kehilla of various places. It is the story of a chozer b'teshuva couple who have a sukkos packed with nisyonos and tikkunim. It was a much better film than I imagined it was going to be. The acting was good. The plot was intriguing and included drama and comedy. It was like a classic old chassidishe story but with a modern twist- and on the big screen! To be honest I cried through much of the film. Much of the story just hit really close to home.
I hear in Jerusalem there are showings with English subtitles.

Shavua tov!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter