Bird on a mountain

Trying to fly, sitting on this mountain

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Portrait of Erev Shabbos

The grocery delivery boxes clog the walkway. Everyone who enters knows that putting away groceries, shlepping them to the kitchen, is one of my least favorite tasks. There is flour to be sifted, but I just returned from shopping, in a store with no air conditioning, on a ridiculously hot day. I sit down. Now I aware of the mess all around. The discarded clothing, from when the children, now in bed, got ready for their bath. Shoes, tzitzis kippas, socks and shirts strewn around like leaves falling from a tree. The blankets from the newly discovered game "playing going to sleep". There are dinner dishes still on the table. And dishes in the sink. And dishes on the counter. I have to bake. Did I buy all the ingredients? I'm sure I forgot something. At least sweet husband is washing dishes. There is chicken to cut and prepare. Laundry to fold- and put away. There are vegetables to be chopped, fish to make. All the cooking, where is the time? We will get through, just as we do every week. It will get done. One step at a time.


Gut Shabbos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter