Bird on a mountain

Trying to fly, sitting on this mountain

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I don't believe it- customer service!

I just had the strangest phone conversation! I can't believe what I heard. An Israeli, an employee of a government organization no less, just told me "you are the customer, you are right". It was longer than that, it was a misrad habriyut thing. I called because I got a notice from "tipat chalav" saying that I owe 170 shekel and claiming that I had received many notices about this and that now I have ten days to pay. (or else?) So I called to find out when they think I received all these other notices. It turns out that the local office in in charge of dispensing them and usually they give them by hand instead of mailing them. I guess they never gave them to me! I told the guy who I spoke to on the phone that I find that very unprofessional. (a word that I didn't know in Hebrew- he told me professional is "miktzoee" which now that I think about it I knew- I know that miktzoah is a profession). He told me I am 100% right. (my first surprise) I then told him that actually, I find that the way that tipat chalav office is run, on the whole, to be unprofessional. That is when he said the customer stuff, and told me that they want to know if there is a problem. Anyway, the conversation ended with him saying, in English, "Have a good day Ma'am" I am really shocked. As much as I wish Israel would learn about customer service I never expected to get it.....
That's a nice start to my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site 
Meter